I did fairly well in updating my numbers on the 1st of every month, but as the new year rolled around, I neglected to update my numbers. Below are the final numbers for 2014
1. I sold a total of 83 books. A bit short of my goal, but I ran into a lot of problems in the first three months of 2014 with my publisher. I am still thankful every time one book gets sold so I am not at all frustrated by not reaching this goal.
2. Only 10 shirts were sold throughout the year. The idea never really took off and there is nothing wrong with that. I did wear the shirt for the final three marathons I did, so I am thankful I had a shirt to wear in all those races.
3. 1,511 miles in 2014. I surpassed my goal by quite a bit and even tallied a total of 11 miles in the final six weeks of 2014. I took a long break at the end of the year to give my mind, body, and legs a break. It was a great time of rest, and I think well deserved.
4. I ran a total of five marathons in 2014! I added the fifth in late November because I was feeling good and wanted to get one more in without having to train. Quite a few races in 2014, but I thoroughly enjoyed each and every one.
5. My fastest race of the year was a 3:15:46 and my slowest was a 3:22:00 – having five races all that close together is evidence of a great year of consistent running.
As 2014 came to a close, I looked back with nothing but joy in everything that was accomplished and all I learned from the year.